WHAT IS BAKING IN THE GENEKITCHEN?
Goji Berries are regarded as the “Fruit of Longevity and Well Being” in Inner Asia. Traditionally they have been thought of as a food that gives your body longevity, strength-building, andsexual potency.Goji’s are a complete protein source and a low calorie snack that strengthens your immune system, increases energy and helps to curb cravings. It is the food with the highest antioxidant, which can help fight free radicals, keeping your skin young and vibrant. Goji’s contain 18 amino acids, vitamin C, beta-carotene, 20 rare trace minerals, vitamin B1, B2 and B6 and vitamin E.
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Sucanat or other natural dry sweetener, alternatively ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Almonds-chopped, and roasted
- 1/3 cup Safflower Oil, alternatively ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup Goji Berries
- 1 ¼ cup Soy, Almond or Rice Milk
- Zest of ½ an Orange
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C and prepare muffin tins with cooking spray or liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients, flour, sucanat, egg replacer, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the oil and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until barely combined.
- Gently mix in the goji berries, almonds and orange zest.
- Evenly fill the muffin trays with the batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
SERVE AND ENJOY!