The Oxford dictionary defines genetic testing as follows:
noun: genetic screening
- the study of a person's DNA in order to identify genetic differences or susceptibility to particular diseases or abnormalities.
Genetic screening is done by the experts at Geneway who conduct genetic screening tests for multiple lifestyle diseases.
Genetic Screening Tests Done by Geneway:
- Blood clotting – to determine your susceptibility to developing thicker or thinner blood which can impact your health at a later stage
- Bone Health – for determining your risk of developing osteoporosis and other bone related issues
- Cancer risk and inflammation – used to determine certain cancer-causing hormones; there are no tests that can determine your overall cancer risk
- Circadian rhythms - to determine your risk of developing sleep related disorders such as insomnia
- Dementia – There are rare types of dementia that may be inherited genetically. This DNA screening will be able to determine whether or not a person is susceptible to it and make lifestyle changes accordingly
- Heart disease and hypertension - A genetic mutation can affect the likelihood of developing heart disease. Spotting this early can help individuals make changes to prevent heart issues in the future
- Stress and mood disorders – Mood disorders like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and schizoaffective disorder can be inherited. If caught quickly, medication may be able to prevent these. DNA screening can determine your likelihood of developing stress and mood disorders.
Geneway also offers tests to determine what sort of diet works best for your genes, as well as what you can do to perform your best athletically. There are also ways to determine what you need to do in order to age well.
Contact us for more information on our genetic screening, and to discuss our genetic screening costs.