PATERNITY TEST (Self Collection):
A paternity test can determine whether or not a particular man is the biological father of a particular child. This procedure is quick and easy. All we need to do the test is a DNA buccal swab from the mother, father and child. A buccal swab looks like a long cotton wool bud. It is used to collect cells from the inside of the mouth cheeks. DNA is consistent throughout the body, so the DNA in cheek cells is identical to the DNA in blood cells. The swab allows for non-invasive and painless collection of DNA.
|Paternity Test||Test for mother, alleged father and one child||R 3 750.00|
|Extra Children||R 900.00
Please note: These prices exclude courier costs. The test kits may also be collected at the GENEWAY™Head Office: 1153 Justice Mahomed Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria.
Courier cost is (If applicable):
R120.75 incl VAT for kit delivery & R120.75 incl VAT for sample collection. (Only applicable in South Africa)
The price for the paternity test will also stay the same even if the mother is not tested.
Turn-around time for the paternity test results is 3-4 weeks.
Procedure to order the test:
- Send an email to GENEWAY™ at email@example.com:
- Name & Surname
- Contact Number
- Physical Address
- Number of children that you want to test
- Please specify if you will collect the kit from the GENEWAY™ Head Office or if we need to send it to you with the courier
You then will receive a quotation for payment
As soon as we receive your payment, we will send you the kit via courier or you can collect from our Head Office (1153 Justice Mahomed Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria)
WHAT WOULD YOU NEED TO QUALIFY FOR TESTING?
- Completed and signed consent form for each patient
- Certified copies of the mother and alleged father’s identification documents
- Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate or identification document
- Affidavit from the biological mother giving consent that the test may be done if she is not testing herself
- If the biological mother is not present, the legal guardian’s signature, identification document and affidavit of consent is required for the test.