Collagen has become a buzzword over the last few years but it isn’t without good reason. Collagen can dramatically improve your health and help you age gracefully. In this article, we will discuss what collagen is as well as how the use of collagen powder can benefit you.
What is Collagen?
Collagen connects the body. It is present in your tendons, cartilage, muscles, skin, and very importantly, your connective tissue. It holds your body together in many ways and plays an important role in the elasticity of your skin. As we age our collagen count tends to decrease which is largely why our skin sags, and wrinkles start to form. A healthy collagen level also aids in cardiovascular health, joint health, and assists in organ protection. When one knows how much collagen actually has to do with our health, it is easy to understand why it is so important to keep your collagen levels up.
What Does Collagen Powder Actually Do?
Collagen powder is a collagen supplement that rejuvenates the collagen levels in your body. If you are experiencing a decrease in collagen due to ageing or if you genetically have low collagen levels, collagen powder can give a welcome boost to your levels.
Collagen Powder Benefits
The use of collagen powder can provide you with an array of benefits if you are experiencing a drop in your collagen levels. Some of the most notable benefits include but are not limited to:
- Pain Relief: Cartilage is what absorbs shock between your joints as you move. As collagen decreases so does the strength of your cartilage which can cause pain. Taking a collagen supplement can reduce this deterioration and help with the pain should your cartilage already be weakened.
- Healthier Skin: Investing in a collagen supplement can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles as the elasticity in your skin improves. It can also help with any dryness you might be experiencing.
- Muscle Health: The presence of collagen in the body is essential to building and maintaining a healthy muscle mass and is therefore beneficial for example for sportspersons. As one ages, it is important to maintain muscle mass which is why it is advisable to use a collagen supplement.
- Bone Health: Bones are 30-40% made up of collagen and once collagen decreases, bones can become brittle. Thus, it is important to retain high levels of collagen to maintain good bone health and reduce the risk of bone breaks.
- Heart Health: The threat of cardiovascular issues can largely be prevented by keeping the arteries that carry blood from your heart to the rest of your body healthy. The health of your arteries can be negatively affected if you do not have enough collagen.
Geneway Collagen contains Peptan from Rousselot®, the global leader in collagen-based solutions. https://www.rousselot.com/
Purchase your collagen powder from Geneway and protect your body from the negative effects caused by lowering collagen levels.